Entry without a separate short-term visa to ALL overseas territories and departments of France is allowed for citizens of the Russian Federation, Ukraine and Belarus who have:
- a valid short-term Schengen multivisa in a valid passport issued by the Consulate General of France for a period of 6 (six) months to 5 (five) years.
- a valid residence permit (or type D visa) issued by a Schengen country
To apply for a visa, you must go through the procedure for taking biometric data, even if early prints were submitted for obtaining a Schengen visa.
The term for consideration of documents is from 5 to 10 working days.
List of documents:
- 2 color photographs 35×45 mm without corners and ovals, not more than 6 months old, the background of the photo must be gray. A very light (white) or dark (blue) background is considered non-compliance. The face should be placed in the center of the photo. The size of the head (from the crown, without hair, to the chin) must be between 32mm and 36mm.
Images in which a person is filmed in a national headscarf are not allowed.
- Passport – original + 1 copy of the first page with a photo (+ a page with data on children, if they are included in this passport). The passport must be valid for 3 months after the expiration of the visa. Originals of previous foreign passports containing visas may be provided. Copies of previous Schengen visas may be provided.
- Internal passport – a copy of all pages with marks
- Airline booking confirmation or copy of tickets.
- Insurance for the entire stay.
- Original from the following documents:
- Certificate from the place of work on the letterhead of the enterprise indicating the address, phone number, position held, salary, time of absence from work (vacation, business trip, etc.), stamped and signed by the responsible person (required);
- 2 personal income tax (desirable);
- Statements from the main bank account (desirable);
- Savings account statements (desirable);
- Statement from an international credit card account (hide card number) (preferably).
Cash, copies of credit cards, ATM checks, currency exchange certificates and travelers checks are not accepted.
- Questionnaire of the sample established by the embassy.
Pensioners, unemployed, students and schoolchildren must provide:
- sponsorship letter;
- A certificate from the sponsor’s place of work confirming the latter’s income. Sponsors can only be parents, children, spouses;
- A copy of a pension or student certificate (schoolchildren – a certificate from the school).
For a child under 18, without fail:
If a child travels with both parents to France:
– both parents apply for a visa
– one of the parents applies for a visa, and the second has a visa
– both parents have a visa, only the child submits documents,
then his set of documents must be attached in a mandatory order a copy of a notarized permission to leave the child from both parents.
– It can be either two permits (cross – permission from the father, the mother is registered as an accompanying person, and from the mother, the father is registered as an accompanying person;
– or one (just to leave the child without indicating the accompanying person or permission to leave independently).
The latter option is more preferable.
If the parent(s) already have a visa, then a copy of it must be attached in addition to the permit.
If a child travels to France with one of the parents:
– the child travels with his mother, the father remains in the country
– the child travels with his father, the mother remains in the country,
then a copy of a notarized permission to leave the child from both parents must be attached to his set of documents. In this case, there will be 2 permissions:
1) the first from the one who is traveling with the child (general permission to leave the child without indicating the accompanying person or permission to leave independently)
2) the second from the one who does not go: nominative permission (with the indication of the parent – accompanying person).
If a child travels to France accompanied by a third person, then a copy of a notarized permission to leave the child from both parents must be attached to his set of documents. The permit will contain consent to the departure of the child and indicate the name of the accompanying person.
The permit must be valid for the entire duration of the trip!!!
The permit must be signed no earlier than 1 month before the date of submission!!!
The permit must indicate the country where the trip is planned (Schengen countries).
A copy of the birth certificate for all minor children (under 18 years of age) intending to travel.
Accompanying nannies require a work visa.
- The French visa photo must be 35mm x 45mm. The face should be placed in the center of the photo.
- The size of the head (from the crown, without hair, to the chin) must be between 32mm and 36mm.
- The photo must be clear.
- The background of the photo must be grey. A very light (white) or dark (blue) background is considered non-compliance.
- The photograph must be full frontal, the applicant’s gaze must be directed directly into the camera.
- In general, the image of the applicant, including the face and hair, must be displayed from the top of the head to the chin from top to bottom and along the hairline to the sides. Preferably, the ears are open.
- Sunglasses or other distracting jewelry should be removed unless medically required (such as an eye patch).
- Images in which a person is filmed in a mask or in a national headscarf that prevent correct identification of the person are not allowed.
Requirements for consent to leave the child:
When leaving a minor child to France, the consent must indicate – to France OR to France and other Schengen countries.
When leaving a minor child to Monaco, the consent must indicate – to France and other countries of the Schengen Agreement OR to Monaco, France and other countries of the Schengen Agreement.
When leaving a minor child to the HOUSE/TOM, the consent must indicate the specific areas to be visited.
When leaving a minor child to several countries of the Schengen agreement, there should be a mark of the Schengen country.
The permit must be valid for the entire duration of the trip!
The permit must be signed no earlier than 1 month before the date of submission!
We draw your attention to the change in the list of documents required for obtaining a short-term visa.
The main change concerns the cases of providing a sponsorship letter.
Starting March 01, 2011, a copy of the sponsor’s internal passport (1 page with a photo), confirmation of the sponsor’s income (original) and a copy of a document confirming direct relationship must be attached to the sponsorship letter.