Interested in a graduate degree in Psychology from a top program within the state of Maine? We offer rankings of best Maine Psychology graduate programs. Review the following schools to see requirements for Master and Doctoral degrees in the area of Psychology.
- TopSchoolsInTheUSA: It is not as difficult as you thought to earn a bachelor degree in the state of Maine. Check this site to find an opportunity for pursing an undergraduate degree from top colleges in Maine.
Educational psychology, the psychology used in contexts where learning occurs, is often aimed at enhancing learning outcomes. In teaching and school, educational psychology has played a role in several areas:
1) The psychology of learning has influenced the learning methods, and has helped to strengthen the desire for self-activity and mastery in school. Increased focus on student needs has also had an impact on teacher education in relation to new teaching methods, development of textbooks and so on.
2) Differentiation of students is based on results from educational psychology. Intelligence measurement was first commissioned by Binet in 1905 to distinguish those children who were not educated. Ability tests are now used as an aid in diagnosis and counseling in connection with various types of learning difficulties. The development of knowledge tests also has a basis in educational psychology.
3) The educational requirement that school work should be based on the child, not in the subjects, led to the extended use of educational psychology in the school by trying to ensure that subject choices, working methods and discipline forms correspond to the child’s developmental level and needs. At the same time, you also gain better insight into the child’s means of expression, self-expression and creative abilities, and its place in school.
4) Educational psychology has changed the view of children who do not master the school situation. Instead of treating such children with punishment, one now seeks out the cause of the difficulty, possibly with the help of a psychologist or educational-psychological counselors. In recent years, we have also seen a strong rise in educational programs aimed at prevention / reduction of behavioral problems and training of social skills.
|Rankings||Psychology Programs||Departments and Schools|
|University of Maine
Address: 301 Little Hall, Orono, ME 04469-5782
Phone: (207) 581-2030
|Department of Psychology|
Related to Maine
- Countryaah.com helps you locate each county in Maine. Here, you can find alphabetical list of all counties in the state of Maine.