Interested in a graduate degree in English from a top program within the state of Virginia? We offer rankings of best Virginia English graduate programs. Review the following schools to see requirements for Master and Doctoral degrees in the area of English.
Virginia has a share in the east of the Atlantic coastal plain, in the west of the Piedmont plateau and the Appalachians: Blue Ridge (Mount Rogers 1,747 m above sea level), Great Appalachian Valley, Allegheny Mountains and in the extreme southwest of the Cumberland Plateau. The climate is temperate with warm summers and rainfall of over 1,000 mm per year. Forests take up almost 60% of the state’s area.
- TopSchoolsInTheUSA: It is not as difficult as you thought to earn a postgraduate degree of Education in the state of Virginia. Check this site to find an opportunity for pursing a Master or Doctoral degree in Education from top graduate programs in Virginia.
- anylistintheus: Provides a list of all accredited colleges and universities in the state of Virginia. Also includes state overviews, profile of capital city, and introduction to major cities of Virginia.
|1||University of Virginia
Department of English
Address: PO Box 400121, Charlottesville, VA 22904-4121
Phone: (434) 924-7105
Email: [email protected]
The 40 km² city of Alexandria is located in northeastern Virginia directly on the Potomac River. It has around 160,000 residents and is bursting with modern zest for life, which is characterized by its proximity to the capital Washington DC.
Above all, people who belong to the upper middle class and work in the federal public sector live here. Alexandria is an important economic center, as many government departments, banks and the US military are based here. One of the largest employers in Alexandria is the US Department of Defense.
In addition to downtown Alexandria with its numerous theaters, exhibitions, antique shops and fine restaurants, the city has other attractions to offer:
- Torpedo Factory Art Center: Art center in an old ammunition factory
- George Washington Masonic National Memorial: Monument on the top of Shuter’s Hill
- Carlyle House Historic Park: elegant 18th century mansion with lush gardens
- Gadsby’s Tavern Musuem: historic inn with traditional cuisine
- Old Town Alexandria Waterfront: waterfront