The kuzu is a food still new in the western culture, but promises to surprise you with the advantages it presents to your health. Learn all about this food.
The kuzu is a food still little known in Portugal, but which has numerous health benefits.
Corresponds to the starch of the root of the plant Kudzu (arrowroot japanese Pueraria lobata), being very much used in vegetarian cuisine as a thickener in sauteed, sauces, and desserts, and to give a texture more velvety to the soups.
This plant is also appreciated due to their therapeutic properties, derived from their action anti-inflammatory and digestive disorders.
KUZU: A BIT OF HISTORY
The kuzu is used in the East for thousands of years, in particular in Traditional Chinese Medicine. Due to its recognized benefits also began to be used in the West in alternative medicine and by the adherents of Macrobiotics.
Traditionally it is used to strengthen the immune system and fight colds and the flu, as well as to improve digestion and the quality of the intestinal flora.
Its appearance is a white powder with neutral flavour and can be used in replacement of flour the most traditional, to enrich the revenue.
BENEFITS OF KUZU TO THE HEALTH
When consumed alone or in conjunction with other foods in a preparation, the kuzu brings the following health benefits:
- It helps to boost the immune system;
- Facilitates digestion and reduces stomach problems such as ulcers and heartburn, since it is naturally free in gluten and alkaline pH;
- Promotes the replenishment of the intestinal flora in cases of diarrhea and other intestinal problems, due to their content of isoflavones;
- Helps in cases of constipation, fever and muscle tension, due to its properties anti-inflamtórias;
- Seems to be an ally for those who want to stop smoking and to problems with alcoholism as it helps to reduce the craving for substances additive such as alcohol and nicotine;
- Improves the health of the skin, due to its anti-inflammatory properties and wound healing, being already one of the ingredients of some creams for the face and body;
- Revitalizing the natural, helps in situations of tiredness and lack of energy, both physical and mental.
To date, there are known contraindications to kuzu, though, even the kids can ingest.
HOW TO PREPARE AND CONSUME THE KUZU?
The kuzu is currently found with surfaces with dietary products, being increasingly easy to have access to this food.
To prepare the kuzu and enter it in your eating routine simply dissolve it in hot water and drink (this is the fastest and most practical). However, it is important to note that water should not be boiling, because otherwise it runs the risk of losing all of their nutritional value.
If instead of drunk, you prefer to include it in culinary preparations, just to warm up for some more time by the fire until it thickens.
We leave you here a recipe in which you can use this food.
- PANCAKES KUZU WITH A COMPOTE OF STRAWBERRIES AND RED FRUITS
8-10 servings | 229 kcal / portion
– INGREDIENTS FOR THE COMPOTE –
- 150 g strawberries, 80 ml of water
- 1 teaspoon of syrup of agave
- 5 g of kuzu
– INGREDIENTS FOR THE PANCAKES –
- 150 g gluten-free flour
- 90 g of almonds
- 1 teaspoon of yeast
- ½ Teaspoon baking soda
a pinch of the pink salt of the Himalayas
- 1 egg
- 300 ml of vegetable drink with no added sugar
- 50 ml of syrup of agave
- ½ Teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 teaspoon of olive oil and a handful of blueberries and raspberries
– Mode of preparation –
- Start with the compote: Combine the strawberries, water and agave in a frying pan and cook on a slow fire until the fruit falls apart.
- Add the kuzu to the mixture is thick. When the texture is to the liking, remove from the heat.
- Passing to the pancakes: Mix in a bowl the flour, almonds, baking powder, baking soda, and salt.
- In another bowl, beat the egg and add the vegetable drink, the agave and the vanilla.
- After all mixed, add the dry ingredients and fold in.
- Place the olive oil in a skillet (very important that it is non-stick) and when it is hot, pour the mass needed for a pancake. When the pasta is bubbling away, turn the pancake. Repeat until you finish the dough.
- Serve the pancakes with jam and blueberries and raspberries.
> This recipe is adapted from the website of the magazine Women’s health.
However, it is also important to note that this food should not be consumed for more than a month followed, way exhaustive, so not to influence the natural balance of the body.
Food Inspiration: Loquats on Pinterest
9 Amazing Benefits of Organic Food
4 Amazing Health Benefits Of replacing To Organic Food …
10 Amazing Health benefits of Strawberries #health #food …
Fit Food Friday: Chickpeas (Garbanzo Beans)
Discover the Amazing Benefits of Green Foods
AMAZING BENEFITS OF PAPAYA FOR SKIN, HAIR AND HEALTH …
1000+ images about Super Food on Pinterest
Natures Amazing Pharmacy (please like when saving) Thank …
5 Amazing Sources of Resveratrol
HAPPY EATING by SSJ: AMAZING BENEFITS OF RAISINS
8 Amazing Benefits of Avocados … Food
14 Amazing Benefits Of Caraway Seeds (Shahjeera) For Your …
25+ best ideas about Mulberry tree on Pinterest
20 Amazing Benefits Of Mangoes For Skin, Hair, And Health …
74 best images about Sunchoke recipes on Pinterest …
Amazing Benefits Of Vitamin C For Skin, Hair And Health …
Quiet Corner:Super Food -Amazing Benefits Of Kiwi
Health benefits of Arrowroot