On how many occasions you can use a water bottle? In school trips of your children, or simply to take water at school, in their sporting activities but also for us adults when we do walks, picnics or trekking in the mountains. And as with everything our advice is: “beware!”. More awareness in our shop guarantees the choice of certain subjects for our health and for the environment. And then we’ll explain Why choose a stainless steel water bottle is an ecological choice and safe.
The alternatives that you can find on the market, in addition to the plastic bottles that generate mountains of waste and that can be harmful, are the aluminum water bottles and steel.
The aluminum is a heavy metal with which we come into contact very often during the day (clothing, containers, utensils, packaging) and whose absorption by the body can produce different symptoms and ailments. The production of aluminum also that there is free in nature but only in the form of removable compound from minerals like bauxite, expects a highly polluting process. It is true that the aluminum recycling process is still definitely recyclable and requires much less energy than the primary production of aluminum.
But we don’t want to dwell on the possible consequences of aluminum on our body, we want to show how the use of steel for flasks, thermos and bottle and glasses of transition also is absolutely secure and therefore should be the choice for your purchases.
Stainless steel is a ferrous alloy that blends together characteristics such as hardness and tensile strength with corrosion resistance. The stainlessness of steel is due to the presence in the League at least 11% chromium. Obviously, the higher this percentage, the greater the protection and its capacity. The addition of other elements such as nickel, titanium, niobium and other helps to increase resistance to corrosion than steel. The word 18/10 stainless steel, you’ll have heard countless times if only in notes teleshopping, indicates the percentages present of chromium and nickel or chrome 18% and 10% nickel.
Here are the reasons why we can define ecological steel and because it can be considered completely safe for food:
- for its production (as with all ferrous) needs a low amount of energy unlike instead of other productions such as aluminium, copper;
- can be fully recycled safely as it contains paints that may be toxic;
- It is corrosion resistant and therefore helpless against materials and substances with which it comes into contact not altering their composition and properties, but also resistant, detergents and sanitizers with whom can be cleaned;
- Thanks to its resistance to corrosion and its corrosion protection requires no coating and paints which may chip, wear out or create fissures in which are likely to contain germs and dirt. These discontinuities could also trigger corrosion coating and exposing toxic materials. The aluminum water bottles, not being this stainless material, have within a coating with epoxy paint;
- is absolutely hygienic and suitable to come into contact with foodstuffs (declared as such by Ministerial Decree of 3/21/1973)
- is impact resistant.
Aluminium is then used to water bottles, thermos and also for bottles and glasses of transition. Can hold any type of drink, from milk to water to juices without risk that the acidity of fruits corrode the material. In the case of milk consumption in a short time is recommended to avoid bacterial proliferation milk anyway.