Sony Ericsson It was the first mobile manufacturers to confirm that it would free the bootloader of your current and future range 2011 Xperia. I guess it would not to many users of the former range grace stay out of this lot. Yesterday returned to satisfy this range by announcing that, in addition, they would receive the update to Android Gingerbread 2.3.4, to date is the latest version for mobile, present in very few terminals of all manufacturers and always controlled by the Google Nexus.
The news, announced by Sony Ericsson at his blog, set would come included with the update to Gingerbread 2.3.4, that will surely be by OTA (via WiFi or 3G), but only for the 2011 Xperia: Arc, Play, Neo, and Pro Active, Mini, Mini Pro, Ray and the recently presented Live with Walkman and Neo V. Among these News stand out:
- The interface Timescape for this range, it would receive a facelift, as we could see earlier this year at the presentation of the Xperia Mini and Mini Pro. It will include the functions of Facebook inside Xperia, allowing that your photos, videos, games and music are easily integrated with social networking, exchanging information about that with your contacts.
- One of the novelties of Gingerbread 2.3.4 that principle could only take the owners of the mobile Google Nexus was the activation of Google Talk with video chat. Now, thanks to this update, the Xperia with front-facing camera also may be video calls.
- Speaking of the photo camera, as a new, Sony Ericsson It will also include a new feature made by them, which consists in the possibility of making 3D panoramic pictures. Thanks to this, you can enjoy these panoramic 3D in one Sony 3D TV connecting both through micro HDMI.
- Also, through the new synchronization LiveDock base, will have an output Standard USB with Host functionality, to which you can connect a keyboard or USB mouse, or even the control of your video game console and so transform your Xperia (as well as other supported models) into a new leisure or work experience. Also imagine if you connect him then the TV through the micro HDMI. You have a small demonstration of how this connection in the following video.
- A utility that will include more will be the of the screenshots, without having to resort to external casual and that both miss some of us.
- To conclude, the update also will integrate the application Swipe to facilitate and expedite the writing with on-screen keyboard.
This Update they will start to distribute it from October but, as often happens, reach every country in a staggered fashion. In conclusion, as other manufacturers, all the old Xperia users initially will be left out of this cycle of updates, so this is the only Note refusal (and very large) can give this news. We will keep you informed that we begin to receive it. Meanwhile, in the video below, you can see an overview of the new features you will find with this update.