In August you communicate that Sony Ericsson had the claim of update all its Xperia range of 2011 to Gingerbread 2.3.4. Last week he started this flurry of updates with the Xperia Neo and this week the turn is reaching you the Xperia Arc, Xperia Play, through Update OTA (via WiFi or 3G) and gradually by countries and carriers as usual. That we have news that will reach the Spanish territory will give notice, meanwhile we remind you the improvements pretty remarkable that they will receive with this long-awaited update.
- Along with the update to Gingerbread also will include the new version of Timescape, the layer of typical customization of Sony Ericsson, that the new version will include improvement with shortcuts in the corners and the total integration through their new widgets of the social networking services that you have given high: Facebook, Twitter, Foursquare , etc., with total ease to share your thoughts, pictures and videos with all your contacts with total transparency.
- For the part of Gingerbread you can now use your Xperia to Google Talk video calling, although it remains to be seen if they stop using the rear camera as if it were the front, although using a mirror as a last resort.
- For the part of Timescape will improve the camera adding new functionality of 3D panoramic photographs that you can later be viewed on a Sony 3D television via the HDMI connector of the terminal.
- Also by Timescape added utility to make screenshots and so avoid the temptation to resort to solutions that require you to be Root and in addition also added the method of writing on screen keyboard known as Swipe, which consists of sliding the finger keyboard without lifting it.
- Finally, if also you have the base synchronization LiveDock, will be enabled through the USB connection with Host functions you can connect a USB keyboard and/or mouse and then connect it to the TV HDMI and convert everything in a very domestic team.
Hopefully that they will take not too to get the OTA to our country, but in another order of things, for the more seasoned in the field and you also like the customizations and total freedom, I take this opportunity to inform you that the version is also announced for GyanogenMod for the Xperia Neo, Arc and Play, so that you also be notified when the stable version is ready to install.